POINT GUARD –
BOB-Devin Harris- Dallas Mavericks- He tweaked his ankle under the basket in the second half, but the team announced he was available to play. This sounds like a minor injury if the team announced he was available to play thursday. They could of just decided with Jalen Brunson performing at a high level to run with the hot hand. With that said suggestion is to get Jalen Brunson in all leagues if you need a point guard to score. Over the last three games, he has been killing it.
FSF-Lonzo Ball- Los Angeles Lakers- Lonzo is being shut down for the year. No surprise here with the Lakers closer to a lottery pick then a playoff berth. They could be hitting the full tank mode button. Look for Rondo to finish the year as starter and Alex caruso to back him up. The only one who needs to be owned is rondo.
BOB- George Hill- Milwaukee Bucks- Hill is recovering from a Groin strain. He is listed as probable for tonight’s game.If he plays he will play under limited minutes. Donte DiVincenzo, Pat Connaughton and Tony Snell could all see their playing time reduced a bit as Hill re-enters the rotation.
FSF- Jeff Teague/ Derrick Rose- Minnesota Timberwolves- Jeff teague is still dealing with a left foot injury and did not play last nights game. If the Wolves keep losing look for Teague to be a shutdown candidate bringing value to Tyus Jones. Rose is dealing with a sore right elbow. This is his shooting arm and again with the Wolves almost eliminated and with him dealing with his ankle issue he is another candidate to be shutdown.
BOB- Jrue holiday/E’Twaun Moore – New Orleans Pelicans- Alvin Gentry hinted on Thursday that the Pelicans could shut down both Jrue Holiday (abdominal strain) and E’Twaun Moore (quad) for the final 12 games of the season. Frank Jackson and Kenrich Williams should continue to start in their absence. I like Frank Jackson if both holiday/ Moore on the shutdown bubble .
FSF- Dennis Smith Jr.-New York Knicks- DSJ Is dealing with a Sore lower back. DSJ popped up on the injury report on Thursday with the back issue and will miss his first game since being traded to New York. Emmanuel Mudiay is expected to slide into the starting lineup at point guard and will be a popular DFS option. Mudiay when he starts is averaging 16.3 points, 3.1 rebounds and 4.3 assists in 28.1 minutes.
BOB-Tyler Johnson- Phoenix Suns- is dealing with right knee soreness and has been rules out for fridays contest. Devin Booker will likely be asked to facilitate the offense more frequently on Friday. We don’t have a big add hear but if you have booker you could see more assist come his way until Johnson returns to the line up.
BOB- Kyle Lowry- Toronto Raptors- He is dealing with a sprained left ankle injury. He sat out last nights game and Jeremy Lin Started in his place and disappointed in what was a good match up. The projection is for lowry not to be out to long but Lin is only a speculative add at this point. While Vanfleet is still nursing a surgically repaired left thumb.
FSF- Dante Exum- Utah Jazz- Yes he finally returned monday from his left knee soreness. But last night he injured his right knee. He is having a tough time staying healthy this season. Exum is droppable with playoffs here.
BOB-Josh Hart- Los Angeles Lakers- He can’t get past his ailing knee issues. Hart is ruled out for fridays contest. With him out, that should put Alex Caruso on as a combo guard while Johnathan Williams should see additional time at the three, as well. Andre Ingram is also a deep-league play. Hart is tough to count on at this point drop him for a healthy body with upside.
FSF- Demarre Carrol- Brooklyn Nets- The Nets kept him out on Wednesday because of a hyperextended knee issue from Monday. He is probable to return to the line up saturday.
FSF- Treveon Graham- Brooklyn Nets- is dealing with a back issue and is probable for saturday but it is looking like Kurucs will keep starting in his place. Kurucs would be a decent streaming option for those looking to get a boost to close the week.
BOB- Brandon Ingram- Los Angeles Lakers- This headline came in right after we posted last weeks podcast. Ingram, who had missed two straight games due to a sore right shoulder, underwent further testing on Friday which revealed a Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) in his arm. If you recall this is what shut down Chris Bosh, One clot traveled to Bosh’s lungs and was serious enough that he had to go to the hospital. Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) occurs when a blood clot (thrombus) forms in one or more of the deep veins in your body, usually in your legs. Deep vein thrombosis can cause leg pain or swelling, but also can occur with no symptoms. But for athletes that work out for hours each day, leg pain could just be dismissed as normal wear and tear. So in this case it is a good thing they caught it early address the issue before it gets worse.
FSF- Kevin Durant- Golden State Warriors- Coach Steve Kerr said “it’s doubtful” Kevin Durant who suffered a right ankle sprain last game, plays in Oklahoma City on Saturday. He did practice on Friday and is still listed as questionable. We think they will rest him but he may give it ago saturday against his old team. Look for updates around shootaround.
BOB- Moe Harkless- Portland Trail Blazers- Moe is dealing with a left knee injury. This is the same knee from the beginning of the year so there is cause for concern. He will not play on Friday. Rodney Hood will start in his place but should not be a fantasy mover in our opinion.
Larry Nance- Cleveland Cavaliers- He is dealing with a rib contusion injury that rules him out of thursdays contest. With the way Kevin Love been playing averaging 20.9 points, 11.9 boards, 2.0 dimes and 3.6 treys over his previous eight. He should be in all lineups. What was once a good add mid season has likely run its course and dried up.
FSF- Cody Zeller- Charlotte Hornets- This guy is still not healthy. He is dealing with Left knee soreness. The coach without Zeller has started many different lineups with zeller out. Coach James Borrego did say that he’s hopeful Zeller will play on Sunday, though. Borrego wouldn’t say who would start, but he started Willy Hernangomez on Monday. Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist also benefit.
BOB- Tyson Chandler- Los Angeles Lakers- He is dealing with a neck injury that has ruled him out friday. With the Lakers closer and closer to being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Chandler maybe shut down and played his last time in purple and gold.
Picks for the week:
- Jason Richardson, SG for the heat,averaging 5 points above his career average at 17 pts he also adds in 4 dimes and 3 assists a games. While D Wade completes his farewell tour, Richardson has been handling business. He does a little bit of everything including finish around the rim as well as shoot mid 80’s from the free throw line. D wade will always be a bit of a distraction for other teams and I actually think that he is going to make a last run at deciding if he has 1 more year which means Richardson gets to fly under the radar a little more. The East is wide open but presently the heat are sitting at 8 seed but only 3 games out of 6th
- Demarcus Cousins, Center for Golden State, I hate to pick any one of the Warriors but Cousins is ready to make a statement as the Warriors make a push, he has had a chance to rest for most of the season with the achilles deal and now I think Steve Kerr is going to lean on Cousins while he rests his other all stars, plus drama is brewing with Durrant and Draymond, Cousins has been averaging 16, 8 as well as a block and a half a game but he is capable of doing more, he put up 27 on houston the other night and could probably do it anytime he wanted
- Here is my sleeper, Jalen Brunson, PG for the Mavs. although he has only been averaging 8.5 points a couple of boards and couple of assists, he has been on a tear lately pushing his average up to 20 a game over the past 5 games and his minutes are up around 30 a game, the kid is a great example of what it is to be in the zone. Brunson has found a nice spot playing of the potential rookie of the year and with Dallas being lottery bound again, i think that Brunson continues to get plenty of opportunity to put up good fantasy numbers
FSF: Categorize Specifically players who dominate a specific category that can win you your match up for the weak
- Elfrid Payton- Point Guard for the New Orleans Pelicans- With the Pelicans all but in tank mode. Shutting down players like Jrue holiday/E’Twaun Moore. I think this assist specialist can pick you up a fantasy playoff win. In his last three games without Jrue, Payton is ranked 20th in 9-category leagues with 14.0 points, 10.3 rebounds, 9.0 assists, 1.0 steals, 2.0 triples and 2.0 turnovers. He’s a must-start player until further notice.
- Frank Kaminsky- Center/ Power Forward For the Charlotte Hornets. We forgot to mention him in the cody zeller injury. But he has been coming off the bench lighting up the scoreboard for a big man. Kaminsky has thrived in his role in the rotation over the last five, averaging 14.6 points, 5.4 boards, 1.2 dimes, 0.2 blocks and 2.2 treys on a 53/50/77 shooting line. He doesn’t have the most upside because of a lack of defensive stats, but his scoring makes him worth a look in competitive leagues.
- Marcus Smart- Shooting Guard for the Boston Celtics- He will not wow you all the time with his points. But where it counts is his Defensive stats. The man is averaging 2.5 steals per game. To go along with 12.7 points, 2.3 boards, 3.7 dimes, and 2.3 treys. Pick him up and watch as you win your match up before the playoffs.
Nates Picks: Sleepers is the name of the game. These are people your league mates are overlooking.
- Jerami Grant-Power Forward- Oklahoma City Thunder- He’s really emerged as a key player for the Thunder and has also been a top-50 fantasy asset this season. Grant averaged 14.3 points, 5.4 boards, 1.4 dimes, 0.9 blocks and 1.6 treys on a shooting line. He’s worth owning in standard leagues.
- Robin Lopez Center for the Chicago Bulls- Yes , I said Robin Lopez. If you do not own this man go get him. Ro-Lo’s not owned in enough fantasy leagues and the lottery-bound Bulls should just keep running him out there. Ro-Lo is averaging 16.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.0 blocks on 55 percent shooting over his last five games.
- Rodonis Kurucs-Power Forward- for the Brooklyn Nets- With how well he has been playing and the Nets looking to secure a playoff spot. Look for the Nets to keep him in their starting line up. Over the last five the rookie forward is Averaging 13.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.5 blocks and 2.4 three-pointers per game. This guy is a pick up and a start at the position if you are struggling.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.3
The guys discuss injuries to key MLB players and implications the injuries have on your fantasy baseball team. New injuries, old injuries, waiver wire adds and this day in Major League Baseball!
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.2
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers & Dr. Aaron Burger discuss injuries to Tyler Glasnow, Buster Posey, Jose Altuve, Felix Hernandez, Miguel Andujar, Carlos Rodon, Zack Greinke, Andrelton Simmons, David Price, James Paxton, Corey Kluber, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Fernando Tatis Jr.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.1
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers and Aaron Burger, SPT discuss injuries to David Price, James Paxton, Carlos Rodon, Corey Kluber, AJ Pollock, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Salvador Perez, Fernando Tatis Jr., Trea Turner, Yoenis Cespedes, Steven Sousa Jr., Matt Shoemaker