POINT GUARD –
BOB- Terry Rozier-Boston Celtics- Rozier is suffering from left knee soreness. Kyrie Irving and Marcus Smart would likely split the majority of his minutes. Rozier has some value in fantasy because the Celtics will likely take it easy on Kyrie Irving, but now that he’s ailing it may be tougher to roster him in 12-team leagues.
FSF- Spencer Dinwiddie- Brooklyn Nets-Update 2/28/19- Spencer Dinwiddie who is recovering from thumb surgery will play on Friday against the Hornets, and he’s expected to be available for Saturday’s game in Miami as well.
BOB- George Hill- Milwaukee bucks- Hill is suffering from a left groin strain and is not expected to play in the next four games. Probably will not be available until middle of March. Isaiah Canaan could stick in the rotation and may get a second 10 day.
FSF- Jeff Teague-Minnesota Timberwolves- Jeff Teague is dealing with left knee soreness. Teague has missed the past two games and with this being the second leg of a back to back will probably be a game time decision for thursday.If Teague is able to play, Tyus Jones will return to the second unit. Stay tuned.
BOB- Ricky Rubio Utah Jazz-Rubio left hamstring tightened up in last nights game and ultimately was ruled out for the rest of the game. He had a right hamstring issue earlier this season, but had a left one in the postseason last year. The Jazz might just be cautious here, but it’s certainly possible he misses games. Royce O’Neale is worth a speculative add in deep leagues.
FSF-Dante Exum- Utah Jazz- Dante Exum left ankle sprain is dealing with a bone bruise and will miss at least the next two weeks.Exum has been out since Jan. 5 and he may not be a lock for rotation minutes upon his return. So you can cut him and pick up Royce O’Neale.
BOB- Iman Shumpert- Houston Rockets- Just came back from a sore right knee upon his return he injured his right calf and has some soreness. There are no clear fantasy implications, though, beyond Gerald Green and Austin Rivers gaining a few minutes.
FSF- Evan Turner- Portland Trail Blazers- Turner is dealing with left knee soreness. Reports about Turners injury have not been positive with his recovery so far. That being said Moe Harkless has been the primary beneficiary in his absence and is worth a look in standard leagues.
BOB- Bryn Forbes- San Antonio Spurs- is dealing with a right calf contusion. Rest Ice compression and elevate is the plan of action he will take for the time being. We can see him return by the weekend. He’s only a low-end hold in standard leagues.
FSF- Mario Hezonja- New York Knicks update:2/28/19- Mario is suffering a bruised left leg has been ruled out through the Knicks’ road trip that concludes on Mar. 6.
Dotson has been the guy to own in the absence of Mario.
BOB- Paul George- Oklahoma City Thunder- is suffering from a sore right shoulder he will be sitting out thursday night. This could be just rest for a man avg 40 minutes a game the last six games.
BOB- Jaren Jackson- Memphis Grizzlies- He is suffering from a quad deep bruise. J.B. Bickerstaff doesn’t expect Jaren Jackson Jr. (quad) to return to the court “anytime soon.” With that said I’d drop this man if you are on the outside looking in to the playoffs. If you have not passed your trade deadline make a move move and trade him for his upside and get a healthy body.
FSF-Ivan Rabb- Memphis Grizzlies- He is dealing with a right heel soreness. The Grizzlies will be leaning on Joakim Noah and Jonas Valanciunas to handle their center minutes, and perhaps they even use some two-center lineups. Noah continues to make a case that he should be owned in standard leagues.
BOB- James Johnson- Miami Heat- is suffering from a left shoulder sprain will not travel with the team thursday. Kelly Olynyk and Bam Adebayo in a fantastic spot for short-term fantasy value.
FSF- TJ warren- Phoenix Suns- Recovering from an ankle injury but is getting closer to a return says Igor Kokoskov. He has been ruled out already for friday’s game.
BOB- Marvin Bagley- Sacramento Kings- Bagley suffered a left knee sprain on Wednesday at first glance it did not look good most speculated a MCL injury. He now has been ruled out 1-2 weeks after an MRI on Thursday.
FSF-Kenneth Faried- Houston Rockets- Faried is suffering from a left hip flexor strain that he injured in wednesday’s game. the Rockets will go smaller again with Gary Clark and Austin Rivers seeing a little more run.
BOB-Domantas Sabonis-Indiana Pacers- Indiana Pacers- has been held out of the last 2 games with a left ankle sprain. Turner is taking most of the minutes. Turner was already a must-start guy when healthy so just keep him locked into your lineups.
FSF-Hassan Whiteside- Miami Heat- He is dealing with a hip strain. He did not even travel for this game in a back-to-back set. With this news, Bam Adebayo has to be owned in standard leagues after his double-double on Wednesday.
BOB-Deandre Jordan- New York Knicks- Jordan is suffering a left ankle sprain and isn’t certain to join the Knicks for their upcoming three-game road trip.Given how well Mitchell Robinson has been playing lately, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Jordan is held out.
FSF- Joel Embiid- Philadelphia 76ers- He is dealing with a sore left knee and he will not play thursday. Embiid has yet to be re-evaluated, but that is expected to happen in the coming days, at which point we’ll have a better idea of where he’s at in his recovery from the sore knee. He can possibly return saturday if everything goes well.
BOB- Boban Marjanovic-Philadelphia 76ers- An MRI and CT scan confirmed a bone bruise and mild sprain of his right knee and he will be re-evaluated in 5-7 days. it wouldn’t be shocking to see him spend a few weeks on the sidelines depending on the severity of the bone bruise. With Boban injured as well it could force Embiid to come back sooner rather than later.
Picks for the week:
- Trevor Ariza-SF for the Wizards. Veteran journeyman has settled into a nice role in washington and with John Wall out, that gives Ariza plenty of touches. Lets remember this guy has played with some big scorers, Kobe and the Beard and he still knows how to get his shots. He is kind of a swiss army knife of a player, averaging 12, 4 assists and 5 ½ boards. The guy is a 3 point threat but also fills the lane on a break. I like his role with the Wizards who are trying to figure out who they are and battle for a low playoff spot.Ariza came from Phoenix after signing a 1 yr deal for 15 mil, i think he puts on a show and raises his stock to see if LA will come knocking.
- Julius Randle, Center for the Pelicans. Everyone is talking about the Brow going to LA but lets talk about the guys who came from LA, Randle is a beast and he let LA know the other night on what they gave up as he put 35 on them. All year he has been averaging 20, 9 and half a block but he has upped his average over the past 5 games to 25 a game. The guy is 6’9 250 and has the luxury of playing off of the Brow! I think Randle uses the Lakers game make a statement and keep rolling, proving to everyone else there is someone besides the Brow in New Orleans
- Here is my sleeper, Terrence Ross, shooting guard for the Orlando Magic. 6 yr guy is averaging career highs in points, assists and rebounds and has found a nice spot usually coming off the bench but averaging 25 minutes a game. He is putting up 15 a game including the other night when he had 28 against league leading raptors. The magic are sitting at the 8 spot but onl3 3 games put them out of the 6 spot. Role players are what Orlando is made up of and I think Ross will continue to be a big contributor.
Damyean Dotson Shooting Guard for the New York Knicks The 24-year-old SG is quickly trending up with 23.5 points per game over his last two and his schedule looks tasty for the next two weeks which includes games vs. the Magic, Cavs and Suns. Get him now because his coach David Fizdale loves this kid. So look for his minutes to increase and his 3 ball to keep falling. This makes me happy to see my knicks young guys doing so well.
- Elfrid Payton Point Guard for the New Orleans Pelicans this is a guy stacking the stat sheet but he will never wow you. He is more of a consistent contributor for the playoff push. You can count on him as a solid option if you’re targeting assists (5.8) and steals (1.1) with a handful of points (10.1) and boards (3.6). Just keep in mind that he probably won’t eclipse 30+ minutes much with the Pelicans evaluating their young talent.
- Jonas Valanciunas Center for the Memphis Grizzlies made his first start as a member of the Grizzlies Saturday, and he accounted for 25 points (11-of-19 FGs, 2-of-3 FTs), 11 rebounds, two blocked shots, one assist and one three-pointer in 30 minutes. Since being traded from the Raptors to Memphis we get to see this big man’s offensive game shine. If you do not have him now go get him for the playoff push.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.2
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers & Dr. Aaron Burger discuss injuries to Tyler Glasnow, Buster Posey, Jose Altuve, Felix Hernandez, Miguel Andujar, Carlos Rodon, Zack Greinke, Andrelton Simmons, David Price, James Paxton, Corey Kluber, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Fernando Tatis Jr.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.1
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers and Aaron Burger, SPT discuss injuries to David Price, James Paxton, Carlos Rodon, Corey Kluber, AJ Pollock, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Salvador Perez, Fernando Tatis Jr., Trea Turner, Yoenis Cespedes, Steven Sousa Jr., Matt Shoemaker
NBA Podcast: S2-Ep.22
POINT GUARD –
BOB- Kris Dunn- Chicago Bulls- Dunn is suffering from a mid- back strain. We will consider him questionable for saturday’s game. Antonio Blakeney is starting in Dunns place but in his couple starts he has not impressed. so Felicio could play 25+ minutes by default. He’s worth a speculative add if you need FG% and boards.
FSF- Patrick Beverly- Los Angeles Clippers- He suffered a hip pointer on tuesday. He is questionable for thursday’s game but if he sits you should go out and grab shai Gilgeous-Alexander. With Three games to play you need him for your championship match with Beverly.
BOB- Jrue holiday/Elfrid Payton – New Orleans Pelicans-Update 3/28/19- It is what we feared Jrue holiday was shut down after having abdominal core surgery. Payton is suffering from a right wrist contusion is being listed as probable for thursday. Frank Jackson and Kenrich Williams should continue to start in their absence.
FSF- Dennis Smith Jr.-New York Knicks- DSJ Is still dealing with a Sore lower back. This mean Emmanuel Mudiay will still start in his place. Only pick up Mudiay if your team is hungry for decent guard play as of late he has been shooting 40%.
BOB-Allen Crabbe- Brooklyn Nets- He is dealing with right knee soreness. I think they shut him down until playoffs. Deangelo Russell has been playing a lot more with Crabbe off the court. Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris should all get a mild boost in his absence. All are decent plays this week for a championship round if you need someone.
FSF-Jeremy Lamb- Charlotte Hornets- suffered a right ankle sprain and his availability for friday is up in question. Dwayne Bacon and Malik Monk with but bacon is definitely worth owning in standard leagues after scoring a career high 24 points (9-of-16 FGs, 2-of-4 FTs) with six rebounds, one assist, three steals, one block and four 3-pointers
BOB- Zach Lavine- Chicago Bulls-Update-3/28/19- He is still dealing with a thigh bruise. For now we have him as questionable status for saturday. If he does not play. Shaquille Harrison will get another start tonight and with averages of 11.3 points, 5.8 boards, 2.0 assists, 3.0 steals and 1.5 turnovers on 41.9% shooting through four starts this season, he’s worth a look in deep leagues.
FSF-Eric Gordon-Houston Rockets- suffered a right ankle injury. He is expected to play on thursday even with a ankle sprain. If he does sit pick up Danuel House he is averaging 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.5 3-pointers in his last two games.
BOB-Josh Hart- Los Angeles Lakers-Hart is dealing with knee soreness. Hart could have a nice run as everyone else on the squad gets the shutdown call. Look for ALex caruso to possibly give you value and no else is worth adding. But we do suggest in the championship start Javale Mcgee the past three games with 23.3 points, 16.0 rebounds, 5.0 blocks and 1.3 steals.
FSF- Donte Divincenzo/ Tony Snell- Milwaukee Bucks- Update– Donte DiVincenzo who is dealing with left heel pain will not play again this season. Snell is suffering a left ankle sprain. The Bucks are getting a little thin at the forward spots, so there could be a lot of minutes headed to Pat Connaughton, who is a hold in standard leagues right now.
BOB- Tyler Johnson- Phoenix Suns- Johnson again was ruled out wednesday. He has been dealing with knee Soreness. I would drop him and take a shot on De’Anthony Melton.
FSF- Otto Porter Jr. – Chicago Bulls- Porter who is suffering a right rotator cuff strain likely done for the season with only seven games left. Porter is a cut candidate. Shaq Harrison has the most to benefit with Porter out.
BOB- Josh richardson/Justice Winslow- Miami Heat- Richardson is suffering from a bruised left heel. He is being listed as questionable for Thursday. If he does sit look for Goran Dragic would likely return to the starting lineup. Stay tuned. Winslow is dealing with a right thigh contusion. No one really worth picking up here besides Goran Dragic.
FSF- Kevin Knox- New York Knicks- Is dealing with a ankle sprain from his last game. The rookie has slowed down lately after becoming the only option in new york he is being double teamed and seeing teams best defenders.
BOB- Josh Jackson- Phoenix Suns- Is suffering a right ankle sprain with a couple games left and suns in the ping pong ball race. Jackson should be shut down soon and dropped in all leagues. Mikal bridges is a decent pick up.
FSF- Trevor Ariza- Washington Wizards- He went in on tuesdays game for 7 minutes before reaggravating a left groin strain. He is a candidate to be shut down and dropped. Troy Brown has been a highlight pick up for those who took a chance on him.
BOB-Lauri Markkanen- Chicago Bulls- They will reportedly be shut down for the remainder of the season.so Felicio could play 25+ minutes by default. He’s worth a speculative add if you need FG% and boards.
FSF- Kenneth Faried- Houston rockets- He Is dealing with a right sore knee. Kenneth Faried will not play on Thursday against the Nuggets.
BOB- Noah Vonleh- New York Knicks- An MRI revealed a right ankle sprain and right foot bone bruise for Noah Vonleh and he will miss at least another week of action.
FSF-Wendell Carter Jr.- Chicago Bulls- suffered an ulnar collateral ligament damage in his thumb and has been ruled out for the rest of the season.
BOB-Joakim Noah-Memphis Grizzlies- is suffering from right knee soreness and his status for saturday is questionable. Check back around shoot around if you need to make a move.
FSF-Jusuf Nurkic- Portland Trailblazers- He underwent season-ending surgery on Tuesday to repair compound fractures to his left tibia and fibula and he is currently without an official timetable to return.Nurkic suffered the gruesome injury with two minutes left in the second overtime during their victory over the Nets. It’s a brutal blow for Nurk, who was playing the best basketball of his career, and the Blazers, who were hoping to make some noise in the playoffs. If you need to add anyone. Go with Zach Collins should see an increase in minutes. Zach Collins had 13 points, three rebounds, two assists, two blocks and two 3-pointers on Wednesday, making 4-of-6 FGs and 3-of-3 FTs in 25 minutes.
FSF-Harry Giles- Sacramento Kings- Is suffering from a right thigh contusion. It is not expected to be to serious but with past leg issues the team may shut him down to make it easy on him. All the following players benefit in his absence Willie Cauley-Stein, Nemanja Bjelica, Bogdan Bogdanovic and possibly Kosta Koufos could benefit.
Picks for the week:
- Andrew Wiggins, SG for the T-Wolves. So Minnesota is shutting down people like they are the Lakers. Wiggins, the former #1 overall pick, will take on an even bigger role not only as a finisher but as a facilitator. He has been averaging 17 a game 2 assists and 5 boards but to me this is a bit underachieving. Lately he has pushed his numbers with added minutes where he put 20 on Golden state and Charlotte, I think that he and Anthony Towns continue to work together and make a statement for next season.
- Bradley Beal, SG for the Wizards, This guys is sneaky good and plenty overlooked. Washington is in the basement in the east and I think once Wall went out people forgot about them, but Beal is a beast. This guy is no longer a sidekick journeyman, he is signed in Washington through 2021 and has settled in nicely. Averging 26 a game and throwing in 5 dimes, 5 boards. He is strong with a nasty first step and averages nearly 40% from behind the Arc. it will be an early summer for Beal and the Wizards but I think he will go out shooting.
- Reggie Jackson, PG for the Pistons, when you talk about the East all you hear about is either Boston or Toronto but the Pistons have been battling all year to a 6th place spot in the east right now and I would not want to meet up with them because of their lineup. It is a group that could ruin your playoff run quick, we know about Griffin and Drummond but a guy that is a stud and getting hot lately is Reggie Jackson, Scotty you have liked him in the past, i really like him now, he has been averaging 15 a game with 4 assists and a couple of boards, with the bench getting shorter for playoffs his assists will go up and with Blake and Drummond as finishers, its a good spot to be in. I think he is peaking at the right time.there is a tough line up coming for him including golden state and a couple against the blazers and one against the nuggets! Detroit will need him to do well!
- Lastly, my end of season MVP is between Harden and Giannis with the greek freak taking it. This is my pick only for the reason of Giannis can take over the playoffs and Possibly pull a HOF performance and give Milwaukee it will be a Chicago cub celebration if he pulls it off.