POINT GUARD –
BOB- Darren Collison- Indiana Pacers- Indiana’s Point guard is dealing with a right quad contusion.That has held him out of the last two games. mild bruise or strain may heal within a few weeks. A more severe bruise or strain may take 6 weeks or longer. This means more minutes in the coming weeks for his back ups. Cory Joseph has been the started in his place but the one to take advantage is none other than Tyreke Evans with his big bench minutes.
FSF- Mike Conley- Memphis Grizzlies- He is suffering from general soreness but it is undisclosed at the time where. This is a way to give a guy rest after a overtime game with another back to back coming at the end of the week. I think he maybe misses the second of the back to back. What does this mean? This means Delon Wright is basically a must-own player right now.
BOB- George Hill- Milwaukee Bucks-Update 3/22/2019- Hill is recovering from a Groin strain. He is listed as questionable to play the miami heat. Even if he does play this man is not fantasy relevant right now.
FSF- Jeff Teague/ Derrick Rose- Minnesota Timberwolves- Jeff teague is still dealing with a left foot injury we got some bad news to report on 3/21.Teague recently had an injection in his left foot to treat chronic inflammation, and he’s expected to miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season. This is what we were saying to you last week be careful he is a shutdown candidate. Now look for Tyus Jones to take over the starting spot. This make him must- own.
Derek Rose who dealing with a sore right elbow. An MRI revealed a chip fracture and loose body in Derrick Rose’s sore right elbow and he’s expected to miss the remainder of the season. Tyus Jones will see big minute down the stretch with these injuries taking out the starter and back up.
BOB- Jrue holiday/E’Twaun Moore – New Orleans Pelicans- The Pelicans only have nine more games this season and have already been mathematically eliminated from the postseason, so it’s looking like we won’t see either of these guys again in 2019. Frank Jackson and Kenrich Williams should continue to start in their absence.
FSF- Dennis Smith Jr.-New York Knicks- DSJ Is dealing with a Sore lower back. DSJ will be reevaluated next week. He is projected to only miss 3 more games. This mean Emmanuel Mudiay will still start in his place. Only pick up Mudiay if your team is hungry for decent guard play.
BOB- Kyle Lowry- Toronto Raptors- He is dealing with a sprained left ankle injury. He is already ruled out for friday’s and at best questionable for sunday’s game. Fred Vanvleet is the pick up here as he will start in his place.
FSF- Dante Exum- Utah Jazz- An MRI revealed Dante Exum (knee) has a partially torn patellar tendon in his right knee and is out indefinitely. Ricky Rubio should see his starting minutes increase a little with this news.
BOB-Allen Crabbe- Brooklyn Nets- He is dealing with right knee soreness. He has had the knee drained but has been ruled out for the past 3 games. We think he keep getting ruled out for now. Deangelo Russel has been playing a lot more with Crabbe off the court. Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris should all get a mild boost in his absence.
FSF- Zach Lavine- Chicago Bulls- He is dealing with a thigh bruise. Does not seem to be to bad to rule him out saturday. Fro now we have him as questionable status. If he does not play. This should open up a ton of opportunity for Lauri Markkanen, Kris Dunn, Shaq Harrison and Antonio Blakeney.
BOB- Tim Hardaway Jr. – Dallas Mavericks- He is being reported as out for the year after suffering from a left tibia stress reaction. Stress Reaction is a precursor to a stress fracture. If you have a stress reaction of any bone, and you continue to put repetitive stress on that bone, the stress reaction could become a stress fracture. This means he is being shut down to prevent a stress fracture from occurring. Jalen Brunson should be owned in all standard leagues while Kleber could be worth an add.
BOB-Josh Hart/Lance Stephenson- Los Angeles Lakers-Hart played tuesday only 19 minutes and he could play tonight. Depends how his knee soreness is doing. Hart could have a nice run as everyone else on the squad gets the shutdown call. Lance Stephenson is suffering from a left foot and toe sprain. I am projecting even when healthy he will be shut down soon. Look for ALex caruso to possibly give you value and no else is worth adding.
FSF- Avery Bradley- Memphis Grizzlies- An MRI revealed a right shin contusion for Avery Bradley and he will miss at least the next week of action. Bradley is scheduled to be re-evaluated in one week from today, but at that point, the Grizzlies will just have eight games remaining on their regular-season schedule, so there’s a decent chance we’ve already seen the last of Avery in a Memphis uniform this season.Delong Wright will likely slide into the starting five while he’s out, and with averages of 11.0 points, 7.0 boards, 4.8 dimes and 1.3 steals as a starter this season.
BOB- Malcolm Brogdon- Milwaukee Bucks- Update– An MRI revealed a minor plantar fascia tear in Malcolm Brogdon’s right foot. The primary symptom of Plantar Fasciitis tear is heel pain or pain along the arch of the foot. This pain is usually intense and localized. The pain is more prevalent in the A.M. after getting up and also after getting up from sitting for awhile. Your first step is to reduce pain and inflammation. Initially, ice should be applied daily during this phase of recovery. Modalities you can use are Ultrasound and medical laser which are clinically proven effective. The Graston Technique which can help the inflamed tissue return to a more normal level of pain free mobility. Once the pain is gone we can start physical therapy to strengthen the foot again. Treatment time is about 6-12 weeks depending on the severity of the Plantar Fascia tear.
FSF- Alonzo Trier- New York Knicks- Trier is dealing with a calf injury is going to miss “a couple more games,” according to coach David Fizdale. The Knicks are expected to have Kadeem Allen back in the lineup, fortunately, giving some much-needed support to Emmanuel Mudiay in the backcourt. With one week you can drop Trier.
BOB- Tyler Johnson- Phoenix Suns- Johnson has been dealing with knee Soreness. With not many games left. I would drop him and take a shot on the recently added Jimmer Fredette time with some extra De’Anthony Melton.
FSF- CJ McCollum-Portland Trailblazers- McCollum injured his knee in an awkward fall on Saturday night. Fortunately, we have since learned that he avoided a serious injury. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Sunday that McCollum was diagnosed with a popliteus strain in his left knee and he will be re-examined in one week. Probably won’t see him back before the end of the season. Rodney Hood, Evan Turner and Seth Curry will have the opportunity for some extended minutes while he’s out, while Damian Lillard and Jusuf Nurkic will run the show on offense.
FSF- Otto Porter Jr. – Chicago Bulls- Porter who is suffering a right rotator cuff strain is doubtful for Saturday’s game vs. Utah. We should have another update on Otto after Saturday’s shootaround. Shaq Harrison has the most to benefit with Porter out.
BOB- Justice Winslow- Miami Heat- Winslow is dealing with a right thigh contusion. Derrick Jones Jr. has started each of these last three games, but has had a minimal fantasy impact. No one really worth picking up here.
FSF- Giannis Antetokounmpo-Milwaukee Bucks– Antetokounmpo sprained right ankle is probable for Friday’s game vs. the Heat. If he rest it is just to make sure he is right before going into the playoffs. No one has really step up given the opportunity. I would not pick up Tony Snell.
BOB- Robert Covington- Minnesota Timberwolves- Here is another guy ready to be shut down with knee soreness. His replacement Josh Okogie should continue to start in his absence, and while he’s been hit-or-miss this season, he’s been trending up over the past two games with averages of 20.0 points, 4.5 boards, 3.0 treys, 2.0 dimes and 2.0 steals per game, so he’s on the radar in deep leagues
FSF- Josh Jackson- Phoenix Suns- Jackson is dealing with an ankle injury and is questionable for Saturday against the Kings. If he can not play, Mikal Bridges will get all he can handle while there could be a Jimmer Fredette sighting.
BOB- Trevor Ariza- Washington Wizards- He suffered a left groin strain and it is unknown if he will suit up saturday. Troy Brown started in place of Ariza on Thursday and logged 32 minutes, making 6-of-10 from the field for 13 points with five rebounds, three assists and two turnovers against the Nuggets. Brown will likely draw another start on Saturday, assuming Ariza is unable to play. Brown is a great pick up with not many out on waiver wire.
BOB- Kenneth Faried- Houston rockets- He Is dealing with a right sore knee. He did log a Did not practice on sunday. We project him to dominate the back up job behind Capela.
FSF- Jaren Jackson Jr. Memphis Grizzlies- Suffering from a deep right thigh contusion. We think he gets shut down for the seaon sonn. With Ivan Rabb and Joakim Noah to continue to pick up the slack in his absence, with Noah offering the most upside.
BOB- Nikola Mirotic- Milwaukee Bucks- He is dealing with a slight fracture in his left thumb and is set to miss the next 2-4 weeks of action. It’s been a rough year for thumbs in the NBA this season. No one is worth a fantasy pick up here.
FSF- Taj Gibson- Minnesota Timberwolves- He is dealing with a left calf strain. He will likely sit the rest of the season. With no one worth picking up here.
BOB- Kelly Oubre- Phoenix suns- is set to undergo a minor procedure on his left thumb and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
FSF- Al Horford/ Aron Baynes- Boston Celtics- Horford is dealing with knee soreness and Baynes is dealing with a grade 2 left ankle sprain. With him and Al Horford out, Daniel Theis will be a popular stream on a back-to-back set while Robert Williams could be a block option.
BOB- Cody Zeller- Charlotte Hornets-Update 3/21/2019- This guy is still not healthy. He is dealing with Left knee soreness that will rule him out saturday. This will be the sixth straight game on the shelf for Zeller. Bismack Biyombo, Frank Kaminsky and Willy Hernangomez will continue to divvy up minutes in his absence.
Picks for the week:
- Andrew Wiggins, SG for the T-Wolves. So Minnesota is shutting down people like they are the Lakers. Wiggins, the former #1 overall pick, will take on an even bigger role not only as a finisher but as a facilitator. He has been averaging 17 a game 2 assists and 5 boards but to me this is a bit underachieving. Lately he has pushed his numbers with added minutes where he put 20 on Golden state and Charlotte, I think that he and Anthony Towns continue to work together and make a statement for next season.
- Bradley Beal, SG for the Wizards, This guys is sneaky good and plenty overlooked. Washington is in the basement in the east and I think once Wall went out people forgot about them, but Beal is a beast. This guy is no longer a sidekick journeyman, he is signed in Washington through 2021 and has settled in nicely. Averging 26 a game and throwing in 5 dimes, 5 boards. He is strong with a nasty first step and averages nearly 40% from behind the Arc. it will be an early summer for Beal and the Wizards but I think he will go out shooting.
- Reggie Jackson, PG for the Pistons, when you talk about the East all you hear about is either Boston or Toronto but the Pistons have been battling all year to a 6th place spot in the east right now and I would not want to meet up with them because of their lineup. It is a group that could ruin your playoff run quick, we know about Griffin and Drummond but a guy that is a stud and getting hot lately is Reggie Jackson, Scotty you have liked him in the past, i really like him now, he has been averaging 15 a game with 4 assists and a couple of boards, with the bench getting shorter for playoffs his assists will go up and with Blake and Drummond as finishers, its a good spot to be in. I think he is peaking at the right time.there is a tough line up coming for him including golden state and a couple against the blazers and one against the nuggets! Detroit will need him to do well!
FSF: Championship rounds
- Delon Wright- Memphis Grizzlies- He is starting in place of Mike Conley. He can give you assist and good rebounding for a guard with 10 points a night. He is stat line stuffer you need for your championship round. Delon Wright played 39 minutes against the Magic on Friday with 12 points, seven rebounds, eight assists, one steal and one block.
- Thomas Bryant- Center for the Washington Wizards – The new starter for the Wiz has been heating up as of late. He can get you rebounds with decent scoring. His last game Thomas Bryant scored 22 points (9-of-11 FGs, 4-of-5 FTs) with eight rebounds and two blocks in 35 minutes. He has the potential to put up a double double every night. He is worth an add and start if you need a center/ Power forward for your championship week.
- Fred VanFleet-Point Guard for the Toronto Raptors- Has replaced Kyle Lowry while he is injured and it looks like this is the guy to own going into your championship rounds. Lowry should miss at least one more week. VanFleet is a guy who can get points, assist and with steals. In his previous three games he was a top-50 value averaging 17.7 points (54% FGs, 86% FTs), 3.0 triples, 7.3 assists and 1.0 steals. If you need a guard for the week get Vanfleet if your league mates missed on him.
- Jalen Brunson-Point Guard-Dallas Mavericks Over the last three games, Brunson averaged 20.2 points, 4.0 boards, 5.8 dimes, 0.6 steals and 2.0 treys in 35.4 minutes per game. He should be owned in standard leagues.
- Tyus Jones-Point Guard-Minnesota Timberwolves- We mentioned him earlier in the injury section as a replacement for Jeff Teague and Derek Rose both out for the season. He is an Assist specialist and Steals with a splash of 10 points. Through 12 games as a starter, Jones owns averages of 9.9 points, 7.3 dimes, 1.9 steals and just 1.2 turnovers per game on 41.3% shooting, so he shouldn’t be sitting on any waiver wires.
- SHAQUILLE HARRISON- Small Forward for the chicago bulls- He is a name not many will recognize but he may be the pick up of the week for you. With his scoring ability, ability to steal the ball and rebound. The other night Shaq Harrison scored 18 points with six rebounds, four steals and one 3-pointer in 39 minutes. If you need a last ditch effort in your semifinal round this week. You could do worse than Shaq Harrison.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.3
The guys discuss injuries to key MLB players and implications the injuries have on your fantasy baseball team. New injuries, old injuries, waiver wire adds and this day in Major League Baseball!
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.2
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers & Dr. Aaron Burger discuss injuries to Tyler Glasnow, Buster Posey, Jose Altuve, Felix Hernandez, Miguel Andujar, Carlos Rodon, Zack Greinke, Andrelton Simmons, David Price, James Paxton, Corey Kluber, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Fernando Tatis Jr.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.1
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers and Aaron Burger, SPT discuss injuries to David Price, James Paxton, Carlos Rodon, Corey Kluber, AJ Pollock, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Salvador Perez, Fernando Tatis Jr., Trea Turner, Yoenis Cespedes, Steven Sousa Jr., Matt Shoemaker