POINT GUARD –
BOB- Kyrie Irving-Boston Celtics- Danny Ainge said that Kyrie Irving who is suffering from a right knee strain is “very, very close” to a return. All signs are pointing to a return after the all star break. It is also noted irving has traveled down to Charlotte for All-Star weekend with the Celtics physical therapist Brian Dolan and his personal trainer, Robin Pound. Kyrie’s status for the All-Star game on Sunday night has not yet been determined, but Ainge said he would not have an issue with Irving playing even though he sat out of the Celtics last two contests.
FSF- Tony Parker- Charlotte Hornets- Parker was forced out of Thursday nights game with the same back issue.This will move Devonte Graham into the backup PG role but not worth the pick up in most leagues. Nothing suggests this injury will linger through the All-Star break, although Parker hasn’t been a fantasy asset even at full strength in Charlotte. Only way he would see an increase role is if Kemba Walker went down.
BOB- Austin Rivers- Houston Rockets- Rivers is dealing with a sore right elbow was out of action thursday but it doesn’t sound like a long-term injury and sitting out this game allows him to rest until Feb. 21. This also gives time for the team to get healthy for a last big playoff push. If anything we learned last year have the backup to Chris Paul because the man cannot stay healthy coming into the playoffs.
FSF- Goran Dragic-Miami Heat- Update 2/15/19: Dragic is currently at the eight-week mark of his initial 6-8 week timetable, and while Erik Spoelstra declined to provide a specific target date for Dragic, there’s a chance he could be back for their first game after the break on Feb. 21. Once Dragic is back, Justise Winslow will return to the second unit. Justise Winslow himself has voiced his opinion saying he would like to stay in the starting line up unsurprisingly. Winslow in Dragic absence is averaging 14.2 points, 5.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists, while shooting 39% from downtown. Dragic is close enough to justify stashing in most scenarios.
BOB- Elfrid payton- New Orleans Pelicans- Payton is Suffering from a right ankle sprain and did not play thursday night. No surprise here Payton will now get to rest through the All- Star break but you could see New Orleans go full tank mode. So his fantasy arrow is pointing down.
FSF- Fred VanVleet- Toronto Raptors- Fred VanVleet will undergo surgery for ligament damage in his left thumb and miss approximately five weeks, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.Now the Raptors will have to turn to Danny Green, Norman Powell and newly-added Jeremy Lin for some help. Lin could be worth a look for PG-needy owners while Green should be owned in standard leagues.
BOB- Gary Harris- Denver Nuggets- suffering from a right adductor strain. He will rest until after the all star break. The first game Denver has is February 22nd and even for this game consider him questionable. Malik Beasley will continue to start in his absence, and he should be considered must-own for Harris owners.
FSF- Kyle Anderson-Memphis Grizzlies- Kyle is suffering from right shoulder soreness. Anderson recently had a follow-up visit with a shoulder specialist, but we didn’t hear the results of that, which isn’t a great sign. He could trend up, but there is a shutdown factor. It is unclear if he will return after the all star break. Justin Holiday will continue to start in his absence, and he’s the primary beneficiary here.
BOB- Mario Hezonja- New York Knicks- Mario is suffering a bruised left leg and did not play vs. Atlanta on Thursday. Dotson got the start with Mario Hezonja (leg) out and Noah Vonleh moved to the bench, but saw fewer minutes than both John Jenkins and Kadeem Allen. He’s had periods of fantasy usefulness this season, but Dotson is best left on the wire in standard leagues.
FSF- Kawhi Leonard- Toronto Raptors- He missed the last game before the all star break for rest and to deal with knee soreness. We believe he is healthy just trying to get extra rest before the all star game. His replacement however made some noise Pascal Siakam went off for 15-of-25 FGs and 10-of-12 FTs to score a career-high 44 points on Wednesday, with 10 rebounds, four 3-pointers, three blocks and two assists.Siakam has been a terrific value in any fantasy format, and Wednesdays career game pushes him closer to top-50 overall in 9-cat.
BOB- Rodions Kurucs- (Row DEE ons Koo rooks)Brooklyn Nets- Left elbow strain It’s unclear exactly when Kurucs suffered the elbow injury, but he’ll now have a full week to rest up until Brooklyn’s next game on Feb. 21. Caris LeVert is still being eased back into things, so it’s unlikely he’ll move into the starting five tonight, but Allen Crabbe or Shabazz Napier could get the call. Kurucs has been trending down with the Nets getting healthy again, and he’s not worth owning in most leagues.
FSF- Wilson Chandler- Los Angeles Clippers- Wilson Chandler right quad injury is expected to return to practice after the All-Star break.
BOB- Nikola Mirotic- Milwaukee Bucks- Has been dealing with recovery from a calf strain. Based on recent reports of him ramping up his workload, there’s a decent chance he’ll be able to make his Milwaukee debut on Feb. 21 against the Celtics. His value will take a bit of a hit in Milwaukee after the trade, but he should still be able to flirt with top-75 value.
FSF- Anthony Davis- New Orleans Pelicans- Davis is dealing with a Volar plate avulsion fracture on his left index finger and now it is reported he has a shoulder injury. He plans to play in Sunday’s All-Star game, but it’s dependent on how he responds to treatment in coming days, according to Chris Hayes of Yahoo Sports.
BOB- Jerami Grant- Oklahoma City Thunder- He is suffering from a right ankle sprain and at this time it is undetermined if he will be ready for after the all star break. His back up Patrick Patterson has not done much to warrant a spot but off the bench it was Deonte Burton who stepped up the most with 18 points in 26 minutes. This is a deep league target only if you are desperate.
FSF- TJ warren- Phoenix Suns- Recovering from an ankle injury sat the last game before the all star break. He is projected to be back after the all star break. So he is worth a pick up in most leagues.
FSF- Aron Baynes- Boston Celtics- suffering from a left foot contusion he has now come out to confirm he’ll be back in action by late-February or early-March.
Daniel Theis to take up his minutes off the bench. Once he is back in the rotation Daniel Theis’ minutes will take a substantial hit.
BOB- Clint Capela-Houston Rockets- Update: 2/13/2019- Clint Capela who suffered a thumb injury and had surgery on Jan 17th. Could return for the Rockets’ first game after the All-Star break on Feb. 21 against the Lakers. Mike D’Antoni referred to Wednesday’s game as the last game “before Clint comes back,” implying that he’ll be cleared for the first game after the break. Once he’s back, Kenneth Faried will head to the bench and his value will take a decent sized hit.
FSF- Mo Bamba- Orlando Magic- Mo Bamba underwent a procedure in New York to correct a stress fracture in his left tibia and he is currently without a timetable to return.There’s a decent chance Bamba will miss the remainder of the season, so he’s safe to leave on the waiver wire in all re-draft formats. Khem Birch will likely pick up most of Bamba’s minutes, and he could have some low-end value as a shot-blocking specialist in deep leagues.
Picks for the week:
- Devin Booker-SG for the Suns-one of the biggest all star snubs this week, Booker has been on a tear this season which isnt easy when you are playing for the lottery. Booker is a 6’6 guard with a nasty streak, i think he is a lot like Westbrook but a better shooter. 25 a game this year but 27 over the last 5 including 38 on the spurs last week. The suns are about to hold open tryouts and Booker will be fueled by the snub, I think he will try to play his way out of Phoenix which is bad news for any opponent
- Here is a guy for you Scotty, Pascal Siakam, (si a cum)15 and 7 guy who gets a ton of minutes up in Toronto for the Raptors. He gets like 35 minutes a game and is making it count, he is doubling his career average and has really learned to play off of Kawhai, the East belongs to Toronto and Siakam will continue to flourish. Stat of the week, over the past 5 games Pascal has shot 95% from the charity stripe, he also hung 28 on Milwakee a last week and 33 on atlanta He is capable of putting up numbers. I expect big things for him with all the changes
- Miles Turner-Center for the Pacers, Oladipo is out, Turner is the true Center there coming in at 250 lbs on his 6’11 frame and he plays physical. He is usually around a 12 point a game guy but he is on a big push for minutes and taking advantage. The Pacers are on a downward spiral and they are looking for anyone to step up and I think Turner is doing it. He put up 27 on the Magic, he shoots over 50 % from the field and over 85% from the free throw line. I picked Thaddeus Young last week and Turner is my Pacer pick up this week.
Dr. Feil: The theme this week is young big man turning into studs finally.
- Bobby Portis Center for the Washington Wizards following the trade deadline has been lighting up the league. Portis is loving life as a Wizard with 21.3 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.0 steals and 3.3 triples through three games and looks like a big winner of the deadline. He has taken all the minutes from the starting center Thomas Bryant. Get him now or possibly trade him while his value is this high.
- Jabari Parker Power Forward Washington Wizards last two games put up an average of 13.5 points, 8.0 boards, 7.5 assists, 1.5 blocks and 2.0 steals, though it should be said that those were against the Cavaliers and Bulls. The starting Power Forward Jeff Green is Struggling to stay healthy and seeing a Dip in his minutes with Jabari Parker lighting up the score board and stat sheets. If he wasn’t already scooped up in the past week, go get him. Hats off to the Wizards getting two young studs. That had so much to offer a team but could not find the right fit.
- Marvin Bagley Sacramento Kings Power Forward Here is another young stud finally finding his shot a groove. The No. 2 pick recently had a stretch of four straight double-doubles and if he was still on your waiver wire he won’t be there for long. His potential arrow is pointing upward with AVG 16.6 points, 10.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.4 blocks over his last five games.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.2
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers & Dr. Aaron Burger discuss injuries to Tyler Glasnow, Buster Posey, Jose Altuve, Felix Hernandez, Miguel Andujar, Carlos Rodon, Zack Greinke, Andrelton Simmons, David Price, James Paxton, Corey Kluber, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Fernando Tatis Jr.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.1
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers and Aaron Burger, SPT discuss injuries to David Price, James Paxton, Carlos Rodon, Corey Kluber, AJ Pollock, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Salvador Perez, Fernando Tatis Jr., Trea Turner, Yoenis Cespedes, Steven Sousa Jr., Matt Shoemaker
NBA Podcast: S2-Ep.22
POINT GUARD –
BOB- Kris Dunn- Chicago Bulls- Dunn is suffering from a mid- back strain. We will consider him questionable for saturday’s game. Antonio Blakeney is starting in Dunns place but in his couple starts he has not impressed. so Felicio could play 25+ minutes by default. He’s worth a speculative add if you need FG% and boards.
FSF- Patrick Beverly- Los Angeles Clippers- He suffered a hip pointer on tuesday. He is questionable for thursday’s game but if he sits you should go out and grab shai Gilgeous-Alexander. With Three games to play you need him for your championship match with Beverly.
BOB- Jrue holiday/Elfrid Payton – New Orleans Pelicans-Update 3/28/19- It is what we feared Jrue holiday was shut down after having abdominal core surgery. Payton is suffering from a right wrist contusion is being listed as probable for thursday. Frank Jackson and Kenrich Williams should continue to start in their absence.
FSF- Dennis Smith Jr.-New York Knicks- DSJ Is still dealing with a Sore lower back. This mean Emmanuel Mudiay will still start in his place. Only pick up Mudiay if your team is hungry for decent guard play as of late he has been shooting 40%.
BOB-Allen Crabbe- Brooklyn Nets- He is dealing with right knee soreness. I think they shut him down until playoffs. Deangelo Russell has been playing a lot more with Crabbe off the court. Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris should all get a mild boost in his absence. All are decent plays this week for a championship round if you need someone.
FSF-Jeremy Lamb- Charlotte Hornets- suffered a right ankle sprain and his availability for friday is up in question. Dwayne Bacon and Malik Monk with but bacon is definitely worth owning in standard leagues after scoring a career high 24 points (9-of-16 FGs, 2-of-4 FTs) with six rebounds, one assist, three steals, one block and four 3-pointers
BOB- Zach Lavine- Chicago Bulls-Update-3/28/19- He is still dealing with a thigh bruise. For now we have him as questionable status for saturday. If he does not play. Shaquille Harrison will get another start tonight and with averages of 11.3 points, 5.8 boards, 2.0 assists, 3.0 steals and 1.5 turnovers on 41.9% shooting through four starts this season, he’s worth a look in deep leagues.
FSF-Eric Gordon-Houston Rockets- suffered a right ankle injury. He is expected to play on thursday even with a ankle sprain. If he does sit pick up Danuel House he is averaging 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.5 3-pointers in his last two games.
BOB-Josh Hart- Los Angeles Lakers-Hart is dealing with knee soreness. Hart could have a nice run as everyone else on the squad gets the shutdown call. Look for ALex caruso to possibly give you value and no else is worth adding. But we do suggest in the championship start Javale Mcgee the past three games with 23.3 points, 16.0 rebounds, 5.0 blocks and 1.3 steals.
FSF- Donte Divincenzo/ Tony Snell- Milwaukee Bucks- Update– Donte DiVincenzo who is dealing with left heel pain will not play again this season. Snell is suffering a left ankle sprain. The Bucks are getting a little thin at the forward spots, so there could be a lot of minutes headed to Pat Connaughton, who is a hold in standard leagues right now.
BOB- Tyler Johnson- Phoenix Suns- Johnson again was ruled out wednesday. He has been dealing with knee Soreness. I would drop him and take a shot on De’Anthony Melton.
FSF- Otto Porter Jr. – Chicago Bulls- Porter who is suffering a right rotator cuff strain likely done for the season with only seven games left. Porter is a cut candidate. Shaq Harrison has the most to benefit with Porter out.
BOB- Josh richardson/Justice Winslow- Miami Heat- Richardson is suffering from a bruised left heel. He is being listed as questionable for Thursday. If he does sit look for Goran Dragic would likely return to the starting lineup. Stay tuned. Winslow is dealing with a right thigh contusion. No one really worth picking up here besides Goran Dragic.
FSF- Kevin Knox- New York Knicks- Is dealing with a ankle sprain from his last game. The rookie has slowed down lately after becoming the only option in new york he is being double teamed and seeing teams best defenders.
BOB- Josh Jackson- Phoenix Suns- Is suffering a right ankle sprain with a couple games left and suns in the ping pong ball race. Jackson should be shut down soon and dropped in all leagues. Mikal bridges is a decent pick up.
FSF- Trevor Ariza- Washington Wizards- He went in on tuesdays game for 7 minutes before reaggravating a left groin strain. He is a candidate to be shut down and dropped. Troy Brown has been a highlight pick up for those who took a chance on him.
BOB-Lauri Markkanen- Chicago Bulls- They will reportedly be shut down for the remainder of the season.so Felicio could play 25+ minutes by default. He’s worth a speculative add if you need FG% and boards.
FSF- Kenneth Faried- Houston rockets- He Is dealing with a right sore knee. Kenneth Faried will not play on Thursday against the Nuggets.
BOB- Noah Vonleh- New York Knicks- An MRI revealed a right ankle sprain and right foot bone bruise for Noah Vonleh and he will miss at least another week of action.
FSF-Wendell Carter Jr.- Chicago Bulls- suffered an ulnar collateral ligament damage in his thumb and has been ruled out for the rest of the season.
BOB-Joakim Noah-Memphis Grizzlies- is suffering from right knee soreness and his status for saturday is questionable. Check back around shoot around if you need to make a move.
FSF-Jusuf Nurkic- Portland Trailblazers- He underwent season-ending surgery on Tuesday to repair compound fractures to his left tibia and fibula and he is currently without an official timetable to return.Nurkic suffered the gruesome injury with two minutes left in the second overtime during their victory over the Nets. It’s a brutal blow for Nurk, who was playing the best basketball of his career, and the Blazers, who were hoping to make some noise in the playoffs. If you need to add anyone. Go with Zach Collins should see an increase in minutes. Zach Collins had 13 points, three rebounds, two assists, two blocks and two 3-pointers on Wednesday, making 4-of-6 FGs and 3-of-3 FTs in 25 minutes.
FSF-Harry Giles- Sacramento Kings- Is suffering from a right thigh contusion. It is not expected to be to serious but with past leg issues the team may shut him down to make it easy on him. All the following players benefit in his absence Willie Cauley-Stein, Nemanja Bjelica, Bogdan Bogdanovic and possibly Kosta Koufos could benefit.
Picks for the week:
- Andrew Wiggins, SG for the T-Wolves. So Minnesota is shutting down people like they are the Lakers. Wiggins, the former #1 overall pick, will take on an even bigger role not only as a finisher but as a facilitator. He has been averaging 17 a game 2 assists and 5 boards but to me this is a bit underachieving. Lately he has pushed his numbers with added minutes where he put 20 on Golden state and Charlotte, I think that he and Anthony Towns continue to work together and make a statement for next season.
- Bradley Beal, SG for the Wizards, This guys is sneaky good and plenty overlooked. Washington is in the basement in the east and I think once Wall went out people forgot about them, but Beal is a beast. This guy is no longer a sidekick journeyman, he is signed in Washington through 2021 and has settled in nicely. Averging 26 a game and throwing in 5 dimes, 5 boards. He is strong with a nasty first step and averages nearly 40% from behind the Arc. it will be an early summer for Beal and the Wizards but I think he will go out shooting.
- Reggie Jackson, PG for the Pistons, when you talk about the East all you hear about is either Boston or Toronto but the Pistons have been battling all year to a 6th place spot in the east right now and I would not want to meet up with them because of their lineup. It is a group that could ruin your playoff run quick, we know about Griffin and Drummond but a guy that is a stud and getting hot lately is Reggie Jackson, Scotty you have liked him in the past, i really like him now, he has been averaging 15 a game with 4 assists and a couple of boards, with the bench getting shorter for playoffs his assists will go up and with Blake and Drummond as finishers, its a good spot to be in. I think he is peaking at the right time.there is a tough line up coming for him including golden state and a couple against the blazers and one against the nuggets! Detroit will need him to do well!
- Lastly, my end of season MVP is between Harden and Giannis with the greek freak taking it. This is my pick only for the reason of Giannis can take over the playoffs and Possibly pull a HOF performance and give Milwaukee it will be a Chicago cub celebration if he pulls it off.