Chris Paul-Houston Rockets- Another hit for the all star point guard. An MRI revealed Chris Paul has a Grade 2 left hamstring strain that he sustained on 12/20/18. This is the same Hamstring that limited him last month. He will be sidelined for at least 2-3 weeks and he will be re-evaluated in two weeks. In the meantime James Harden will see huge stat lines, Eric Gordon will get more shots, P.J. Tucker will play huge minutes leading to fantasy value.
Rajon Rondo- Los Angeles Lakers:Rajon Rondo suffered a right ring finger sprain in the game on tuesday against the warriors. He will not travel with the team to Sacramento for Thursday’s game. The team is really going to have to count on Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram for this game. The young stars will have to put it all together and prove the doubters that they are ready to take the next step.
Jeff Teague- Minnesota Timberwolves-Teague has been dealing with ankle issues for most of his career. He is currently suffering from left ankle inflammation that has sidelined him since 12/17/18. Teague isn’t expected to play on Friday against the Hawks, either, but there’s a chance he’ll be able to return to the court for Sunday’s game in Miami. In the meantime look for Derek Rose to continue his dominance.
Kyle Lowry- Toronto Raptors- Lowry is past his quad issue but he now is dealing with a back injury. His status for now is day to day.Fred VanVleet will continue to start while he’s out, and Kawhi Leonard will also see a slight uptick in usage.
Allen Crabbe-Brooklyn Nets-Update 12/26/18: Is suffering from right knee soreness. Coach Kenny Atkinson said Allen Crabbe needs to go through 3-on-3 to get back into rhythm.This will again result in Rodions Kurucs earning another start and there will be more minutes available for DeMarre Carroll.
David Nwaba and Rodney Hood-Cleveland Cavaliers- Nwaba is dealing with a knee injury that held him out the last game. Rodney Hood is dealing with achilles soreness this plagued him last year towards the end of the year. So this is something to monitor. The big beneficiary of these injuries in Cedi Osman.
Lebron James- Los Angeles Lakers- MRI came back clean on LeBron James’ left groin strain and he is being listed as day-to-day.This is great news for LBJ, and while he is expected to miss at least a few games. We are going to say about 2 weeks to heal before playing on it. it’ll either be Josh Hart or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope moving into the starting five while James is out, and there will be more opportunity for guys like Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma.
Nikola Mirotic-New Orleans Pelicans PF/C- –He has been dealing with an ankle injury. He sat out 7 consecutive games with games this weekend consider him doubtful.
Serge Ibaka- Toronto Raptors-The curse lives my pick of the week last week is hurt. Is dealing with swelling is his right knee is questionable to play Friday against the Cavs.Ibaka missed Wednesday’s game due to swelling in his right knee, and with Friday’s game being the first of a back-to-back set, we’d peg him a bit closer to doubtful. If he’s out again tomorrow, Greg Monroe would be in line for another start and Chris Boucher will be able to get into the rotation.
Alex Len- Atlanta Hawks- it appears his back flared up on him. He’s one of the more injury prone bigs out there, so it wouldn’t be all that shocking to see him sit out. The Hawks trainer Lloyd Pierce acknowledged that the back issue is likely something he will be dealing with “throughout the year.” I expect big minutes coming to John Collins. Who is a guy we like this week. John is a guy that had an injury to start the season but now with an opening. He could be the break out guy you need.
Tysun Chandler- Los Angeles Lakers-Tyson Chandler played through his sore back on Christmas, but didn’t score and had just four rebounds and two steals in 16 minutes of the win over the Warriors. JaVale McGee is still out with pneumonia, but Ivica Zubac has been on fire for the last three games, and is getting the minutes in the middle for the Lakers right now. Look for the Lakers to continue to see what the young guy can do in the middle.
Mitchell Robinson- New York Knicks- Sorry scotty one of your guys is dealing with an left ankle injury that will sideline him for at least 3 games. But this does boost my pick of the week from last week Enes Kanter. Kanter has posted a double-double in three of his last four games
Picks for the week:
- Kyle Kuzma-PF for the Lakers, the biggest deal for him is Lebron being out with the groin. Kuzma is out of the University of Utah so I like him already. For the month of December he has been averaging 21 a game. He will get more minutes with Bron out, and he has kings, clippers and kings again so I have him as having a good week coming up
- Thaddeus Young-PF for the Pacers, typically the only name we hear out of Indiana is Oladipo but Young is having a nice well-balanced season. He is averaging 12, 6 boards and half a block but he put up 21 on Atlanta and Brooklyn last week. He has the hawks again and the bulls as 2 of the next 3 games.
- Jeremy Lamb, shooting guard for Charlotte, another guy who stays in shadows of a superstar but Lamb has been putting up some good numbers with all the focus on Kemba Walker. He is putting up career high numbers with 15 a game but also getting about 6 boards and a couple assists a game. He is also shooting 86% from the charity stripe. Brooklyns, Wizards and magic make for a promising outing.
Taking advantage of their opportunities is this weeks theme. That being said let’s jump into it.
- John Collins of the atlanta hawks is a man who began the year on the injury report. Never could find his way off but the man is healthy once again. With the team looking to continue to grow the chemistry around the young team. Look for Collins to continue his dominance over the past week after posting 22 PPG 12.3 RPG 3 APG last week.
- This week I am going to my team the New York Knicks. Going with the man that Bob chose last week in Enes Kanter. He is quickly becoming a double double machine in New York with injuries to his back up Mitchell Robinson. Look for Kanter to increase his number of 14.9 PPG 10.9 RPB 2.0 APG on the season.
- Deandre Ayton of the Phoenix suns. We were all ready to call this man a bust a while back but over the past two weeks he has been a top 25 player. Ayton has double-doubled in five straight games, with the last for being 20/10 efforts..
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.2
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers & Dr. Aaron Burger discuss injuries to Tyler Glasnow, Buster Posey, Jose Altuve, Felix Hernandez, Miguel Andujar, Carlos Rodon, Zack Greinke, Andrelton Simmons, David Price, James Paxton, Corey Kluber, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Fernando Tatis Jr.
MLB Podcast: S2-Ep.1
Listen in as Dr. Brandon Bowers and Aaron Burger, SPT discuss injuries to David Price, James Paxton, Carlos Rodon, Corey Kluber, AJ Pollock, Giancarlo Stanton, Shohei Ohtani, Luis Severino, Salvador Perez, Fernando Tatis Jr., Trea Turner, Yoenis Cespedes, Steven Sousa Jr., Matt Shoemaker
NBA Podcast: S2-Ep.22
POINT GUARD –
BOB- Kris Dunn- Chicago Bulls- Dunn is suffering from a mid- back strain. We will consider him questionable for saturday’s game. Antonio Blakeney is starting in Dunns place but in his couple starts he has not impressed. so Felicio could play 25+ minutes by default. He’s worth a speculative add if you need FG% and boards.
FSF- Patrick Beverly- Los Angeles Clippers- He suffered a hip pointer on tuesday. He is questionable for thursday’s game but if he sits you should go out and grab shai Gilgeous-Alexander. With Three games to play you need him for your championship match with Beverly.
BOB- Jrue holiday/Elfrid Payton – New Orleans Pelicans-Update 3/28/19- It is what we feared Jrue holiday was shut down after having abdominal core surgery. Payton is suffering from a right wrist contusion is being listed as probable for thursday. Frank Jackson and Kenrich Williams should continue to start in their absence.
FSF- Dennis Smith Jr.-New York Knicks- DSJ Is still dealing with a Sore lower back. This mean Emmanuel Mudiay will still start in his place. Only pick up Mudiay if your team is hungry for decent guard play as of late he has been shooting 40%.
BOB-Allen Crabbe- Brooklyn Nets- He is dealing with right knee soreness. I think they shut him down until playoffs. Deangelo Russell has been playing a lot more with Crabbe off the court. Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie and Joe Harris should all get a mild boost in his absence. All are decent plays this week for a championship round if you need someone.
FSF-Jeremy Lamb- Charlotte Hornets- suffered a right ankle sprain and his availability for friday is up in question. Dwayne Bacon and Malik Monk with but bacon is definitely worth owning in standard leagues after scoring a career high 24 points (9-of-16 FGs, 2-of-4 FTs) with six rebounds, one assist, three steals, one block and four 3-pointers
BOB- Zach Lavine- Chicago Bulls-Update-3/28/19- He is still dealing with a thigh bruise. For now we have him as questionable status for saturday. If he does not play. Shaquille Harrison will get another start tonight and with averages of 11.3 points, 5.8 boards, 2.0 assists, 3.0 steals and 1.5 turnovers on 41.9% shooting through four starts this season, he’s worth a look in deep leagues.
FSF-Eric Gordon-Houston Rockets- suffered a right ankle injury. He is expected to play on thursday even with a ankle sprain. If he does sit pick up Danuel House he is averaging 14.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.5 3-pointers in his last two games.
BOB-Josh Hart- Los Angeles Lakers-Hart is dealing with knee soreness. Hart could have a nice run as everyone else on the squad gets the shutdown call. Look for ALex caruso to possibly give you value and no else is worth adding. But we do suggest in the championship start Javale Mcgee the past three games with 23.3 points, 16.0 rebounds, 5.0 blocks and 1.3 steals.
FSF- Donte Divincenzo/ Tony Snell- Milwaukee Bucks- Update– Donte DiVincenzo who is dealing with left heel pain will not play again this season. Snell is suffering a left ankle sprain. The Bucks are getting a little thin at the forward spots, so there could be a lot of minutes headed to Pat Connaughton, who is a hold in standard leagues right now.
BOB- Tyler Johnson- Phoenix Suns- Johnson again was ruled out wednesday. He has been dealing with knee Soreness. I would drop him and take a shot on De’Anthony Melton.
FSF- Otto Porter Jr. – Chicago Bulls- Porter who is suffering a right rotator cuff strain likely done for the season with only seven games left. Porter is a cut candidate. Shaq Harrison has the most to benefit with Porter out.
BOB- Josh richardson/Justice Winslow- Miami Heat- Richardson is suffering from a bruised left heel. He is being listed as questionable for Thursday. If he does sit look for Goran Dragic would likely return to the starting lineup. Stay tuned. Winslow is dealing with a right thigh contusion. No one really worth picking up here besides Goran Dragic.
FSF- Kevin Knox- New York Knicks- Is dealing with a ankle sprain from his last game. The rookie has slowed down lately after becoming the only option in new york he is being double teamed and seeing teams best defenders.
BOB- Josh Jackson- Phoenix Suns- Is suffering a right ankle sprain with a couple games left and suns in the ping pong ball race. Jackson should be shut down soon and dropped in all leagues. Mikal bridges is a decent pick up.
FSF- Trevor Ariza- Washington Wizards- He went in on tuesdays game for 7 minutes before reaggravating a left groin strain. He is a candidate to be shut down and dropped. Troy Brown has been a highlight pick up for those who took a chance on him.
BOB-Lauri Markkanen- Chicago Bulls- They will reportedly be shut down for the remainder of the season.so Felicio could play 25+ minutes by default. He’s worth a speculative add if you need FG% and boards.
FSF- Kenneth Faried- Houston rockets- He Is dealing with a right sore knee. Kenneth Faried will not play on Thursday against the Nuggets.
BOB- Noah Vonleh- New York Knicks- An MRI revealed a right ankle sprain and right foot bone bruise for Noah Vonleh and he will miss at least another week of action.
FSF-Wendell Carter Jr.- Chicago Bulls- suffered an ulnar collateral ligament damage in his thumb and has been ruled out for the rest of the season.
BOB-Joakim Noah-Memphis Grizzlies- is suffering from right knee soreness and his status for saturday is questionable. Check back around shoot around if you need to make a move.
FSF-Jusuf Nurkic- Portland Trailblazers- He underwent season-ending surgery on Tuesday to repair compound fractures to his left tibia and fibula and he is currently without an official timetable to return.Nurkic suffered the gruesome injury with two minutes left in the second overtime during their victory over the Nets. It’s a brutal blow for Nurk, who was playing the best basketball of his career, and the Blazers, who were hoping to make some noise in the playoffs. If you need to add anyone. Go with Zach Collins should see an increase in minutes. Zach Collins had 13 points, three rebounds, two assists, two blocks and two 3-pointers on Wednesday, making 4-of-6 FGs and 3-of-3 FTs in 25 minutes.
FSF-Harry Giles- Sacramento Kings- Is suffering from a right thigh contusion. It is not expected to be to serious but with past leg issues the team may shut him down to make it easy on him. All the following players benefit in his absence Willie Cauley-Stein, Nemanja Bjelica, Bogdan Bogdanovic and possibly Kosta Koufos could benefit.
Picks for the week:
- Andrew Wiggins, SG for the T-Wolves. So Minnesota is shutting down people like they are the Lakers. Wiggins, the former #1 overall pick, will take on an even bigger role not only as a finisher but as a facilitator. He has been averaging 17 a game 2 assists and 5 boards but to me this is a bit underachieving. Lately he has pushed his numbers with added minutes where he put 20 on Golden state and Charlotte, I think that he and Anthony Towns continue to work together and make a statement for next season.
- Bradley Beal, SG for the Wizards, This guys is sneaky good and plenty overlooked. Washington is in the basement in the east and I think once Wall went out people forgot about them, but Beal is a beast. This guy is no longer a sidekick journeyman, he is signed in Washington through 2021 and has settled in nicely. Averging 26 a game and throwing in 5 dimes, 5 boards. He is strong with a nasty first step and averages nearly 40% from behind the Arc. it will be an early summer for Beal and the Wizards but I think he will go out shooting.
- Reggie Jackson, PG for the Pistons, when you talk about the East all you hear about is either Boston or Toronto but the Pistons have been battling all year to a 6th place spot in the east right now and I would not want to meet up with them because of their lineup. It is a group that could ruin your playoff run quick, we know about Griffin and Drummond but a guy that is a stud and getting hot lately is Reggie Jackson, Scotty you have liked him in the past, i really like him now, he has been averaging 15 a game with 4 assists and a couple of boards, with the bench getting shorter for playoffs his assists will go up and with Blake and Drummond as finishers, its a good spot to be in. I think he is peaking at the right time.there is a tough line up coming for him including golden state and a couple against the blazers and one against the nuggets! Detroit will need him to do well!
- Lastly, my end of season MVP is between Harden and Giannis with the greek freak taking it. This is my pick only for the reason of Giannis can take over the playoffs and Possibly pull a HOF performance and give Milwaukee it will be a Chicago cub celebration if he pulls it off.